Content + Social Media Strategist
Use Social Media for Social Good
Content + Social Media Strategists at Threespot bring creative strategy to storytelling and provide a consistent vision in all of their work. They understand how to inspire audiences through powerful narratives that connect them with an organization’s brand. They are responsible for gaining a deep understanding of a client's communications needs to develop robust, cross-channel strategies that support them in achieving their mission and goals.
They are deeply involved in realizing their strategic vision by utilizing diverse editorial and visual approaches across various digital channels. Our strategists collaborate closely with Creative Directors, UX Leads, and Design teams to conceptualize and execute digital campaigns and ensure that the client’s brand and voice are reflected in all details of content across web and social media channels. Content + Social Media Strategists serve as an editorial voice for clients and help them to improve their content development processes so that they can create, manage, and maintain the highest quality content on their own.
Threespot Strategists understand the how to utilize social media and analytics to deliver on content goals. They have command of the latest industry trends and best practices and can recommend the right channels, tactics, and social media tools to maximize an organization’s influence and reach.
- Research: interviewing clients about their brand, business goals, and their relationship with their audiences; leading small- and large-scale client workshops to develop the details of their editorial process
- Analysis: critically evaluating the information gathered from clients; reconciling conflicts; deconstructing high-level information into actionable strategies; using details to develop enterprise-level processes
- Writing and Oral Communication: effectively communicating with clients and to fellow members of project teams; developing tactical campaign plans; guiding content development with strong creative copywriting skills
- Organization: understanding calendars, budgets, deadlines, and prioritization
- Flexibility: the ability to cope with rapidly changing information
- Interpersonal Skills: working well in a highly collaborative environment; negotiating priorities; and outstanding creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and team spirit
- Professionalism: keen attention to detail; ability to meet demanding deadlines; able to work collaboratively, independently, and in a client-facing environment
- Conceive, prepare, focus, and lead discovery sessions and workshops
- Develop robust digital communications strategies for web and social media
- Produce content and social strategy deliverables for large- and small-scale organizations
- Develop, edit, and manage web and cross-channel content
- Advise clients and internal teams about the effective use of content —in web design, through social media channels, and as one piece of a larger communications plan
- Work closely and collaboratively with Creative Directors and User Experience Designers to conceptualize and execute a shared creative vision
- Work closely with analytics team to monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on social media’s impact for clients
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of the social media space: emerging platforms, measurement services, publishing and curation tools, audience research methods, competitive analysis, etc.
- Experience with enterprise level analytics tools, SEO, SEM
- Preach the gospel of content strategy to Threespot, clients, and the professional community
- Identify opportunities for Threespot to expand offerings
- 3-5 years of experience in a content or social media strategy role or as a web producer.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Passion for bringing positive change in the world
- Immediate eligibility for paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Parental leave
- Short and long-term disability leave
- Flexible weekly work and remote work hours
- Commuter benefits
When you apply
- No phone calls, please
- No staffing agencies, please
- No contractors, please
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification/orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.